Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Bouquet for E-Commerce

Many people, or so the scuttlebutt goes, are weary of making purchases over the internet. I’m not one of them, although I do my homework before I type in the 16 digits. I have brought software, books, sent flowers and sold pictures over the net for some years now. All transactions have been a breeze until last month.

I order flowers for my valentine via the net for delivery on that day in February. They didn’t arrive, nor the next day or the day after that. I sent an email advising of the non delivery –

“I ordered Lotsa Love - 3 Red Rose Bouquet on the 13 Feb 2006 for delivery on 14 feb 2006. It is now the 17 Feb 2006 and although my CC has been charged the flowers have not been delivered.
Can you please cancel the order and reverse the credit card charge.”

They, www.flora2000.com , sent a delivery conformation which showed they had been delivered to the wrong address. When they were advised of this and after checking their records they sent the following –

Dear Henry, We regret that we failed to deliver your order on the requested date. Please be advised that USD 33.00 which was charged for this order is credited in your account as we are not charging you. It will take 3-4 business days for the credit to be posted in your account. Please note that your order has been delivered to the recipient on 23rd of february 2006 at no cost to you. For further clarifications or questions email us back OR call us at 1-212-655-3075 OR do Live Person chat by clicking at www.flora2000.com. We assure you of a better service in future. Thanks & Kind Regards, Imran Flora2000.com

And they did!

A happy ending and a bouquet to www.flora2000.com who demonstrated that the net can be safe purchase option even when things go wrong.

No comments: