Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Looking for a Nail


As I look back on 2006 this image seems to be sublimely appropriate. From the personal perspective of home renovations, "will these bastards ever leave?", to the broader world context which includes Iraq and Palestine "will these bastards ever leave?". For me 2006 was the year of the nail and when you go out with that perspective the hammer rules just a shame that a screw looks a lot like a nail. I guess we need to take our world leaders back to grade school and teach them the difference. I mean with a nail outlook you rape, with a screw it is more like making love. And the beauty of making love is that it takes two, double your pleasure. If you accept this premises then George, John and Tony are just a bunch of wankers. Oh well, I guess that makes for a happy hammer.

No comments: